Serves 2 – 2 GLs per serving / 10 GLs with rice & salad
It’s the end of the week and you fancy some spicy food. What better than this fabulous Chicken Tandoori recipe? Even better, the herbs and spices in this dish lend it anti-inflammatory properties. For vegetarians, tofu would work just as well. Serve with 90g brown basmati rice and steamed vegetables or a big green salad.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 85g natural yoghurt
- Handful flaked almonds
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Generous seasoning with low sodium salt and black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow casserole.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and spread over the chicken, then cover the dish and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Bake the chicken in the marinade at 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6 for 35-40 minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly. Do not turn
The recipes in this blog section of 4Well People’s site are easy to prepare and are packed with good and essential nutrients. Would you like to receive more tasty and healthy recipes along with money saving promotions tips to live a healthy and balanced life and information and tips on how to deal with specific health issues, sign up to my free newsletter and you are the first the hear about the latest in the world of nutrition. Are you concerned about any specific health issues and would you like to find out if nutritional therapy could benefit you, don’t hesitate any longer and contact me on 07967 639347 or email email@example.com to find out how 4Well People can assist you.