Imagine if there was a perfect diet, just for you? Well, there is. By using information hidden in your DNA, you can eat and exercise according to your genes.
This will enable you to avoid weight gain, illness and underperformance.
Nutrigenomics can give you a personalised insight into your health and fitness potential.
What is Nutrigenomics?
An emerging science where your DNA results are used to tailor your diet and lifestyle so that you can maximise your health and fitness, according to your own genetic potential.
- Optimal diet type
- Sensitivity to carbohydrates and fat
- Detoxification ability
- Anti-oxidant requirements
- Personal Vitamin and Micronutrient needs
- Sensitivity to salt, caffeine and alcohol
- A propensity to be lactose intolerant
- Predisposition to Coeliac Disease
- Whether your body is best suited to power or endurance exercise
- Aerobic potential
- Post-exercise recovery ability
- Injury risk
How can I use the information?
Once you are aware of your own personal genetic variations you are in a much better position to know which dietary approach is best suited to you as an individual. You will know whether a low carb or a low fat or a Mediterranean diet is going to suit you best. We will discover if variations in your genes mean that you are caffeine or salt sensitive. The test results will reveal whether you have the “hungry gene” or the “thrifty gene”, or the “obesity gene”. With my guidance, you will find out how you can tailor your diet to make sure that these unhelpful genetic variations don’t cause unwanted weight gain.
The test that I use (DNAFit) also gives you incredibly useful information about what kind of exercise is good for you as an individual – should you be focussing on cardiovascular workouts, or would your body respond better to strength focussed exercises such as weight training? Does your body recover quickly from a workout or should you leave 24 or 48 hours in between strenuous sessions in the gym? Are you genetically prone to soft tissue injury, and what can you do to mitigate this?
What do clients have to say about the benefits of Nutrigenomics testing?
“Emily, I feel more energised and awake, hence I’m being more productive. You identified through Nutrigenomic testing the deficiencies in my health and advised specific diet and supplements required for my optimal health. The fog in my head has gone. I’m mindful about good nutrition and exercise knowing I can return to you for future checks and updates. I feel safe in your hands – your knowledge on nutrition is exceptional. Thank you!”
“After years of trying different approaches to weight loss, I was fed up of the scales yo-yoing for no reason. This year I took the plunge and decided to undertake the DNAFit test with Emily. The test was straightforward to carry out and we had the results back in a couple of weeks. The reports were very comprehensive and Emily talked me through the implications of each of my gene variations. She explained how I needed to alter my diet to optimise weight loss and health. I am so pleased that I decided to do the test! I am thrilled with the results and the control that I now feel that I have over my weight. It has also given me a great insight into how my body responds to different types of exercise and I am enjoying exercise more than ever. If you are deliberating over the financial investment I would encourage you to do it!”
Does the test hurt?
No – not at all. All it requires is for you to simply swab the inside of your mouth for 60 seconds with the cotton bud provided
What do I get in terms of results?
The test results are very comprehensive. You will receive a 40-page actionable report explaining the impact on your Nutrition and Fitness potential of 55 of your genes. I will also condense this information into a two-page document so that you can start implementing your results immediately.
4Well People’s Nutrigenomics package
My package combines both Nutritional Therapy and Nutrigenomics as I want to ensure that we address your current health issues as well as tailoring your diet and fitness to your genetic potential.
The package includes:
- 75-minute Nutritional Therapy consultation where we dig deep into your current health issues and symptoms, as well as your health history and diet. You will leave with a personalised Health Improvement Plan and Supplement Plan
- A DNAFit Fitness Diet Pro-Test to do at home
- 90-minute Nutrigenomics consultation where we go through your test results, and I explain the implication of these on your health, diet and fitness regime. You will leave with a 40-page report, a 2 page summary of your results with specific dietary and fitness advice as well as an updated Supplement Plan
- 45-minute follow-up consultation, ideally one month later, to review how you are getting on with your dietary, lifestyle and fitness changes. I will coach you to help you to break or make new habits and review your Supplement Plan