Are you struggling to cope with the menopause?
- Do you suffer menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, mood swings or insomnia?
- Do you have dry skin, painful joints or weight gain since your menstrual cycle has changed?
- Are your periods becoming irregular, heavier or just unpredictable?
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis and are concerned about your bone health?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms of the menopause then Nutritional Therapy could help
The Menopause is not a sudden cessation of the menstrual cycle, but a period of time (usually over 4 years) where periods become less regular, often heavier and less predictable. This timeframe is also referred to as the perimenopause when the levels of the hormones oestrogen and progesterone change and ultimately drop.
For some women, symptoms can be acute and stressful and impact daily life.
But there is a lot you can do to support yourself in coping with menopause naturally:
- What you eat can have a big impact on your hormone balance.
- At this point in your life, your digestive system and liver need a lot of support.
- You may be deficient in vital vitamins and minerals that the body needs to cope with hormonal changes.
- Your metabolism may slow down, and you might have to change your diet accordingly.
- Stress has a big impact on hormone balance and this is a key area to address, through both diet and lifestyle.
As well as dietary and lifestyle advice, Emily can offer functional testing and often uses a specific Menopause test which looks at levels of oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone; oestrogen metabolites which can help or hinder hormone health; and bone turnover rate, which is a marker for osteopenia and osteoporosis.
If you have any questions feel free to call Emily on 07967 639347 or book in for a free Discovery Call
Managing your Menopause Naturally Workshop
In March 2019 I held a day long workshop on Managing your Menopause Naturally. Watch the video to find out more about it:
If you are interested in managing your Menopause naturally I offer the following package which is tailored to your needs:
Menopausal Support Package
- 3 Nutritional Therapy consultations
- Personalised Health Optimisation Plans
- Supplement Plans
- Testing advice
I work from Bridge to Health in Ealing or can offer zoom consultations
Click here to book in for a Free Discovery Call to discuss how I could help you get better control of your menopausal symptoms