Frozen Yoghurt – Healthy Summer Treat
This recipe is perfect for when you want to treat yourself and your family on a hot summers day but want the treat to be a healthy one. It is simple to make in advance when you notice the temperatures will rise the next day or later in the week. You only need a few ingredients so it won’t break the bank either. This frozen yoghurt doesn’t contain the refined sugars and other additives that many shop bought varieties can be full of. In addition using fresh berries now whilst they are in season means that they will be full of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 1 carton plain yoghurt
- 450g mixed berries – fresh, or frozen (thawed)
- 3 tbsp xylitol
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until well blended.
2. Pour mixture into a firm container and freeze until solid (at least 4 hours).
3. I found this recipe on the zest4life website so it is perfect for my clients who follow this programme.
4. Are you not a fan of berries and prefer other flavours, try this recipe for a twist.
This and many other healthy recipes are featured in my monthly newsletter. Do you like reading these recipes and would you like to be the first to receive new healthy recipes instantly? Sign up to my free newsletter and you are the first to receive the latest news on nutrition, including recipes and money saving promotions straight to your inbox.