This recipe creates a fantastic lean meal that won’t leave you hungry after a few hours. When I first tried this dish, I didn’t think it would fill me up for very long. However after finishing the meal I was full and stayed full for the rest of the evening without having any sugar cravings afterwards.
This dish is a very simple one that can easily be prepared on a weekday as it doesn’t take long to cook or prepare. Best of all, you put a fantastic delicious & nutritious meal on the table.
White fish is very rich in vitamin B, which increases the metabolism and also improves the skin, cells and immune system.
The quinoa is a good source of protein and helps you feel full for longer. I chose a mixture of colourful vegetables to make it a feast for the eyes and the mouth. Peppers are a great source of vitamin C (higher in vitamin C than oranges) and the kale and beans are very rich in vitamin K, A and C and therefore a great antioxidant. They are also a great source of minerals.
Quinoa with Grilled Fish Serves 4
Ingredients: 100 grams Kale 50 grams chopped green beans ½ red pepper, chopped ½ yellow pepper, chopped 200 grams quinoa 4 fillets sea bream or other white fish Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cook the quinoa in a pan with 400ml water until the water has evaporated and it’s ‘al dente’.
- When the quinoa is almost cooked put the vegetables in a pan of boiling water and cook them very short so they are hot but still crunchy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Mix the vegetables in with the quinoa, sprinkle with lemon zest and keep warm.
- Season the fish with cracked black pepper to taste and grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon over the fish and quinoa to give the dish an explosion of freshness.