This delicious wholesome HRT cake is packed full of phytoestrogens to keep your hormones balanced and hot flushes at bay. Enjoy with a cup of green tea!
Ingredients for the HRT cake:
• 100 gr. soya flour
• 100 gr. wholemeal flour
• 100 gr. rolled oats (porridge oats)
• 100 gr. linseeds
• 50 gr. sunflower seeds
• 50 gr. pumpkin seeds
• 50 gr. sesame seeds
• 50 gr. almond flakes
• 100 gr. cranberries (270 gr. jar) drained
• 200 gr. chopped, dried, non-soak apricots
• 2 inches stem ginger, chopped
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon malt extract
• 3 tablespoons apple or pear concentrate
• 425ml soya milk
• Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir.
• Add the cranberries, apple or pear concentrate and soya milk and mix well.
• Leave to soak for at least ½ hour.
• Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (180°C fan).
• Line a loaf tin ( 30 x 11 cm ) with baking paper and spoon the mixture into it.
The mixture should have a soft dropping consistency, if not, add a little more milk.
• Cook in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour 10 mins.
• Test with a skewer to see that it is cooked through.
• Slice and freeze the amount not for immediate use (three days supply can be kept in the fridge )
Make yourself a delicious cup of green tea, and give yourself a well earned break to enjoy a slice of this nourishing, hormone balancing HRT cake.
Good nutrition can have a profound impact on menopausal symptoms. If you are interested in managing your menopausal symptoms naturally then have a look at the Menopause packages that I offer or call me on 07967 639347