Serves 2, 4GLs per serving
Fish and shellfish are full of good nutrients and salmon is no exception. It is a fantastic source of protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12). Salmon is also rich in in Omega 3 which contributes to good cardiovascular health.
- 2 fillets of salmon (or tofu)2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin / white wine vinegar
- 225g fresh spinach
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin & chilli flakes. Pour over the salmon in a shallow dish. Marinate in
the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and add the salmon and marinade. Cook gently over a low heat for about 8
minutes, turning once.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, cook the spinach, cabbage and spring onions in boiling water until wilted
(approx 3 minutes).
- Serve the salmon on top of the veg
This recipe is perfect for everyone following my Zest4Life Nutrition & Weight Management classes. If you are interested in losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way please contact me to find out more about Zest4Life. However if you are interested in receiving the latest news on nutrition and easy to follow recipes straight to your inbox, please sign up to my free newsletter now.