Moroccan Chicken – Summer Zing
The chicken breasts in this recipe provide a good source of lean protein. The spices used contain anti inflammatory properties, and the lemon and cayenne pepper give this dish a summery zing. A great, healthy alternative to the usual BBQ options
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Half tsp allspice
- Pinch of saffron
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 handfuls of green beans
- 130g quinoa / 90g brown basmati rice
- Rub the oil, garlic, spices and lemon into the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 275°F / 140°C / gas mark 1.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Serve with the beans and quinoa / rice.
For the latest information on nutritional therapy, healthy and tasty recipes visit and like my Facebook page. Additionally you can also sign up to my free newsletter to stay up to date and be the first to hear about money saving promotions. If you would like nutritional advice call me directly on 07967 639347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org