Looking for a quick meal to fill you up and keep your blood sugars balanced?
Fill one medium sized wholemeal pitta pocket or 2 thin slices of wholegrain or rye bread or 1 wholemeal Tortilla wrap with any of the these delicious combinations for a quick and easy lunch at home, packed lunch to take to work, or light evening meal if you are too tired to cook! If you are out at work all day, you can find similar alternatives at M&S or ask your local take away to make up a special order for you.
Low GL sandwiches or wraps
- Cream Cheese (low fat) or Cottage cheese with cucumber slices,
red peppers, chopped chives and freshly ground black pepper
- Hummous with lettuce and 2 sliced tomatoes. Add a small sprinkle of
cayenne pepper to liven this up even further!
- Hot Smoked Trout fillet with 1 level tbsp of low-fat cream cheese with
watercress and freshly ground black pepper
- Tuna Mayo with cucumber & cress – use 1 level tbsp light mayonnaise and
a little lemon juice and fresh black pepper.
- Egg ‘Mayo’ chop 2 boiled eggs and mix with 1 tbsp of cottage cheese, a
chopped spring onion and lettuce with LoSalt (Low sodium salt) & ground
pepper for a delicious alternative to traditional egg mayonnaise.
- Coronation chicken: Mix together: 1 small chopped roast chicken breast
(no skin), lettuce, half an apple (cubed), 1 stick celery (chopped), 1/2 tbsp
low-fat mayo, 1/2 tbsp low-fat yoghurt, 1 tsp mango chutney, 1/2 tsp tomato
puree, 1/2 tsp paprika. Vegetarians can substitute tofu for chicken.
If you like reading my blog posts why not sign up to my newsletter and receive amazing recipes straight to your inbox.
You can also follow me on Facebook. If you have any concerns regarding your health and you would like to find out how nutritional therapy can benefit you, call me on 07967 639347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.